Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Green. Giants.

My garden is growing fast! My tomatoes have shot up, my carrots are moving along and my butternut squash are just huge! It's supposed to be a hot one tomorrow so I'll have to get out and do some watering in the morning!


My basil is surging ahead of me again! It's already regrown and huge! Time for some freezing, I can't keep up!


Strawberries are flowering but I have a feeling I'm slow going with this...


Flowering tomato plants!

They've gotten rather tall!


Butternut squash leaves are huge! Bigger than my hands!


So purdy!


Carrot plants are shooting up too! Wonder when I can start pulling?

'

My lagging plants are my green peppers! Catch up quick little guys!

I never thought I would be saying this, but going out to my garden and seeing the progress of my plants gives me great joy! It's amazing to see the work of nature in process and watch it change daily. Also it gives me great pleasure to know that it's my nurturing (as well as the sun, air and rain) that keeps my plants happy! I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I look at my garden! These small things in life make me happy!

What are the simple pleasures of your life? What small accomplishments have you done that bring you joy? 


No comments:

Post a Comment