Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wear. And. Fare. Wednesday.

Another Wednesday post! Enjoy!

WEAR


I put together this little number for work the other day! 

Jacket: SES - Australian Store
Striped shirt - Mossimo - Target
Skirt: Old Navy
Shoes - Goodwill


I love these wedged Mary Jane's! My sis found them for me for $3.00 at the Goodwill! Brand new! Gotta love sisters!

FARE


Clean Eating PB Cups!

I have to admit, I cannot claim to be the mastermind behind the idea for this clean eating treat, I have to credit DAMY Health with the idea. However, I did make up this recipe on my own. I LOVE DAMY's treats, but I thought that I could do this one a bit differently and enjoy it just as much. I am not a huge pumpkin puree fan all the time, so that's why I made this variation. You can also find DAMY's version HERE.

Here is what I did for my version:

In a small bowl, mix together:

1/4C PB
1/4C Non-fat Greek Yogurt
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Agave

Next:

In a double boiler, melt 70% cacao dark chocolate (I used 2 of these giant bars from Trader Joe's):



Poor enough of the melted dark chocolate into the bottom of a muffin cup (in a muffin tin) - enough to cover the bottom. Perhaps 1/4" thick. Do this with all of your muffin cups. I made about 6 with this recipe.

Put the muffin cups with the melted chocolate into the freezer for about 10 minutes to let the chocolate harden.

After the chocolate has hardened, pull out the muffin cups and put the PB/Greek Yogurt mixture over the chocolate. Once again, enough to cover the chocolate. I would say another 1/4". Then pour some more of the melted dark chocolate over the top of the PB mixture. 


Put this all in the freezer again in the muffin tin to harden. Once hardened, you can store them in an air tight container until you are ready to eat them. Let them thaw a bit before trying to bite into them - they get hard.

OR

You can go crazy like I did! I made a PB Cup Blizzard one night with one PB cup and DAMY Health Ice Cream. Just blend them together! You can find the ice cream recipe I use HERE. Seriously...it is good stuff!



Happy eating and a happy Wednesday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment