Friday, June 28, 2013

Distractions

I mentioned that I have been making attempts at distracting myself lately away from thoughts of business. Side note: Business is picking up! Yippee!!! 

I definitely most enjoy learning new things and keeping myself challenged. That's why an opportunity arose and I couldn't say no to it - especially when I was most needing a distraction! My friend graciously invited me to go mountain biking. I have never been and always thought it would be fun to try. I have to say, I love every minute of mountain biking! 

Happy Mountain Biker!
Something that I didn't realize about mountain biking was that contrary to cruising or road biking, mountain biking provides another type of mental relaxation. When I cruise or road bike, it really gives me an opportunity to think and work things out in my head. Mountain biking doesn't allow you to do that. You have to be in the present, the here and now, only focused on the trail and obstacles that lie ahead of you. Now as a woman, (and let's face it ladies, we are ALWAYS thinking), I actually found this to be a really nice break from my own brain! I couldn't worry about my business, I couldn't worry about my relationships, I couldn't worry about my financial situation. Seriously,  I could only worry about the next five feet in front of me and not plowing into a tree and that was about it! Is this how men feel all day long? Maybe mountain biking is the nearest experience to a male brain that women will find? I don't know but it's always a possibility.

A true woman multi-tasks while mountain biking. I picked flowers. Discovered after our ride!
Every obstacle I encountered from huge dipping ramps, to log mounds to rock gardens to large drop offs was fun to me. It was even fun when I did happen to run into a tree (just a little). No obstacle too big - like the challenge of life. 

Logs!
Now that I've experienced some mountain biking, I really want to experience more! Hmmmm - just to get some more funds so that I can purchase my own mountain bike! I want to thank my friend, Mr. Minneapolis Fatbikes, himself for inviting me to experience something new, fun and challenging at a time when I really needed it. You can follow him and his adventures on Facebook

What's a new challenge you've recently taken on that you are proud of?


2 comments:

  1. Okay. Really nice post man !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

    ReplyDelete