Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Why.I.Blog.

Okay okay, I haven't posted recently but I did CREATE a post earlier this week. I wasn't sure that I wanted to actually POST it though. I thought about it and then decided I didn't want to post it. :) So, I didn't. Here I am today though with a clear mind and ready to post...for real this time!

I've been busy doing some work on my business. It's time consuming, somewhat frustrating, and not interesting enough to blog about. I promise you all that I am working hard on it though! :)

This weekend was a nice and restful weekend. I went to a birthday party for my friend Jessie and I had a really good time. I did have some interesting revelations and thoughts with regards to this blog. I went to a party this weekend where my friend Amanda said to me, "Hey, how have you been? I haven't looked at your blog in a while so I don't know what is happening." I laughed and told Amanda it was no problem, I didn't even expect that people looked at it so frequently but that I was honored she did. Also, another friend emailed me this weekend for my address to send me her wedding invitation. She said, "I've been following your blog, way to go on your goals." I realized that I was astounded these people even looked at my blog! I had no idea they were even reading it. These encounters made it clear to me that more people follow my blog than I had thought. I am honored when anyone spends any time out of their day to even go to read my blog! I had a discussion about this with Amanda. We discussed that many people follow blogs, who don't make themselves "followers" of a blog. I told Amanda I've noticed that people in Ukraine look at my blog. Yes, people in Ukraine...I see you! Thanks for reading! :)

This made me begin to do a lot more thinking about the reasons behind which I blog. I blog to document my process and journey of obtaining my goals. It is helpful for me to be able to look back and see how I've progressed and remind myself of what I've accomplished, but also what I can improve upon. An additional bonus is that I get to see and reflect upon my ability to pursue my passions and that with my new job, I have the ambition and will to do so. It's so great to remind myself that even though I've made some small sacrifices, I've had HUGE gains!

In the meantime, if passersby and followers alike are inspired by my journey, it sparks their own interest in achieving their own goals, or gives them more confidence to go after what they want...that is also why I blog. Maybe they are in the same place I was a year ago. Perhaps they are in a job they despise and come home every day realizing they are too tired to pursue their own ambitions. However, they need to continue doing what they are doing until they get to a better place financially, psychologically, or whatever it might be to pursue their own goals. I just like to let people know that they CAN do what they want. You can stare fear in the face and say, "You don't scare me. Fear of failure will not stop me from chasing my dreams." If more people can read my message and more people are inspired to pursue their happiness...then this is why I blog.


For my audience and for myself, my mission remains the same: inspire myself and you into action towards the passion that drives us, the one that makes us feel alive.

Taken from SELF magazine.
From SELF magazine.

To finish this post appropriately I'd like to say: THANKS for taking out time in your day to read my blog. May you find it inspiring and may it fill you with hope. Strive to live life to its fullest and utilize each day you are granted as a gift. Remember that life is not about where you end up, but how you get there. :)

"Life is a journey, not a destination." - Ralph Waldo Emereson


No comments:

Post a Comment