Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ware. And. Fare. Wednesday.

Made it on a Wednesday! :) I'm super pumped about this one this week! Hope that you guys enjoy!

WEAR

A fun and colorful little number that I got on my shopping adventure for a new wardrobe! I have to be honest though, I stole the idea behind this one from stylist and blogger, Sally, at Already Pretty. She did a post on this red skirt with a magenta blouse. I was standing in Old Navy (they had a 'Buy One Get One 75% off sale - perfect for trying to get a new wardrobe!) trying to think of and make outfits in my head.  I simply couldn't think of WHAT to do with this skirt! Then suddenly, I remember Sally's post a while back on THIS darling outfit she put together. I realized, I didn't need to make something match, I just had to find something bright red to go with it! So this is my reverse Sally outfit! 

Skirt: Old Navy
Shirt: Old Navy

Orangey-red shirt with cute ruffle detail from Old Navy.
I felt simply glowing in this outfit all day! Even took a spin on my bike in it! 

FARE

I've been super excited all week to post this! It's clean apple crisp!

My mom's apple crisp - clean style!
I was searching for the perfect CLEAN apple crisp recipe one day because I had been craving a fall sweet treat! I was looking online for quite a while and just wasn't finding any versions that I was happy with or that I thought were clean enough. I finally was about to give up and realized what I REALLY wanted was just my mom's apple crisp - but clean style! I called my mom up later and asked her for her recipe and began creating this clean apple crisp version of my own!

MOM'S CLEAN APPLE CRISP FOR TWO
(This was large enough for two people - share it with a loved one on a cool fall day!)

Ingredients

1 Large Granny Smith Apple
1/4 Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 Almond Meal
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Nutmeg
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Agave Syrup
1 Glass Round Oven Safe Dish

After thinking about this recipe later, I thought another good and healthy thing you could add is a spoonful of ground flax. I'll have to try that next time!

1. Peel apple and cut peeled apple pieces into glass dish.
2. Mix together dry ingredients (oats, almond meal, cinnamon, nutmeg)
3. Melt coconut oil in microwave (took me about 30 seconds on high)
4. Pour coconut oil and agave syrup into dry ingredients and mix well.


5. Spread this mixture evenly over the apples in the bowl as seen below.


6. Bake in oven at 350F until the top becomes a bit crunchy and the apples are visibly cooked.
7. ENJOY!

Hope you are all having a spectacular Wednesday! 






No comments:

Post a Comment