Monday, September 26, 2011

A. Bikini. Body.

I FINISHED my Bikini Body Program with DAMY Health. I can't believe it! The 12 weeks flew by! I'm also LOVING the new me! I wanted to share with you all my final stats and before and after pictures! 

                  This was me 12 weeks ago.                                   This is me now.

An improvement? I'd say so! 
Just to stick with the idea of the program - it is called Bikini Body Program after all. Here you all have it!

Me in my new bikini!
Full body! Bikini from Victoria's Secret.
Wow! I wouldn't have been caught dead in one of these before! Much less on the internet!

I didn't start the DAMY Health program to be skinny, wear a size 6 pant or anything of that nature. I had set a goal a while back to firstly, lose the 15 lbs that I put on doing the job that I really disliked. I also wanted to make more muscle and lower my body fat percent. For a long time, I've wanted to be able to get my body fat percent in the "Fitness Zone". I did much more than that! I want to share with you all my TOTAL body transformation


This girl here weighed 159 lbs. She was a size 10 and had 26.5% body fat. She was athletic and loved biking, running, strength training and all activities that involved a physical challenge. She just didn't feel that her BODY represented what it could actually do! She had no problem getting out to exercise, she loved it! Her diet however, consisted of too much sugar and TOO much processed foods. She needed a change!

Bust: 36"
Hips: 42.5"
Waist: 29"
Weight: 159 lbs
Body fat percent: 26.5%
Pant size: 10


THIS girl weighs 139 lbs. She wears a size 6 and has 19.7% body fat. She is the same as the girl above. She has the same interests, does the same activities, and still loves challenging herself. This girl, however, feels like her outer self really represents her inner self. She is content with who she is and confident about her abilities. She feels HEALTHY, she is proud and happy of what she puts into her body and the way her body rewards her for treating it well. Some more about this girl:

Bust: 33 3/4"
Hips: 37:
Waist: 26.5"
Weight: 139 lbs
Body fat percent: 19.7%
Pant size: 6

What did I lose? 

5 1/2" in my hips
2 1/2" in my waist
2 1/4" in my bust
20 lbs
6.8% body fat
4 pant sizes

Total: 10 1/4"

What did I gain?

EVERYTHING!

I'm a new girl. I'm a happy woman who feels like her outer self now represents the inner confident self that I've always been! This has been a complete change in my life that makes me so proud. Not only has the DAMY Health program changed MY appearance, it's changed my abilities. Physically, I am so much more capable of things I never thought I COULD do. I think back to my first DAMY Health workouts and how I struggled through many of them...but I did them! Now, I feel like I could hammer those workouts out with no problem! I've seen changes not only in my appearance but my abilities as an athlete. I can bike harder, run faster, endure more! Also, my body fat percent? That 19.7% beats the Fitness category. I'm into the ATHLETE category!

I've been asking myself a lot lately...now what?! Clearly, this isn't just a 12 week program for me. This is a lifestyle change. I was talking to some friends about my clothing and how none of it fits anymore. 

My skinny jeans: NOW on top, BEFORE on the bottom. Size 10 to a size 6.
Some of the people I spoke with suggested hanging onto my old clothes, "just in case I gained weight again." However, I THINK, why set yourself up for failure? Why GIVE YOURSELF the option to go back to before? I don't want to go back, I want to go forward. I want to improve more. Yesterday, I went out and bought a new wardrobe at an Old Navy sale. I bought size 6 pants, size SMALL skirts, size SMALL and EXTRA SMALL sweaters. Why would I want to go back? It felt SO good to say, "Do you have this in a size 6?" Amazing! Something I didn't think I would EVER be saying. Thoughts and words are powerful. Why CHOOSE to think that I MAY grow into my old pants Why give myself the option? I choose my health. I have CHOSEN what I want. As I said, this is a new lifestyle. It wasn't a temporary experiment. I CHOOSE to not give myself the option to fail! My old clothes? They are being sold on Ebay and in thrift stores. My new clothes? Here to stay!



In continuing with my LIFESTYLE change, I've made a decision for today. I'm putting ME first. I'm putting my health and wellbeing first. Today, I will be purchasing a year membership to the DAMY Lifestyle program. I will continue workouts and continue clean eating. I will continue forward! I feel some six pack abs are just a short bit away! :)

What about you? What will YOU choose today? Will you choose to go forward? Will you choose the you that YOU want to be? If the person you want to be involves a healthier you, than I recommend DAMY Health. As you can see, I've experienced firsthand the way that the DAMY Health program and all of their support changes lives! Don't wait! Choose you TODAY!






4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:02 PM

    You look amazing!!! Wow!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Alyssa, you look great. But what is more important is that you FEEL great! I am so proud of you. Way to go after your goals and put your whole self into it! Keep up the great work and you know what? You get rid of those old clothes! Why keep them just to set yourself up for failure. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 AM

    I came here from DAMY on facebook. Wow - you look amazing! I am following the bikini body plan and you have inspired me. More than that, I am learning all the wonderful things you did - about health, about feeling good, about how achievable this is long term. It's wonderful. Thanks for your story :) Oh and those abs? I cam definitely already see a 4-pack on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alyssa!

    I'm visiting from DAMY. Love the concept of your blog and you look awesome!! I ordered the Bikini Body program a few months back (to lose the 10 lbs I've gained in the last few mos after a break up and job change), but just had trouble sticking with it, since constantly referring back to the packet for every meal decision, and having to put so much into planning meals and workouts in advance became a bit overwhelming for me. Did you ever run into struggles like this? What was the toughest part of the program for you? Also curious to know if you only followed the exercise plan that is a part of the program or if you did your own extra workouts as well. Thanks in advance for your insight!

    ReplyDelete