Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wear. And. Fare. Wednesday.

I've been so busy that I missed you guys last week! I haven't even blogged in over a week! That is good because in one way it means that I am out and accomplishing things. On the other hand, I haven't had time to share them with you all yet! I will, I will. I just have to get time to write them down for you all! I wanted to try and do this Wednesday's post though at the very least!

WEAR


I threw together a brand new work outfit today. These are some cute new gray pants that I got at Old Navy during my shopping spree! Love them! Plus they make my legs look a mile long! Perfect for the fall weather we had today!

Sweater: Mossimo - Target
Blouse: Express Design Studio - Express
High-rise boot cut pants - Old Navy
Ankle Boots - ALDO


I love these ankle boots by ALDO! They are my favorites to pair with any boot cut pants or leggings!

FARE


Tis the season for all varieties of squash! I LOVE squash - butternut, spaghetti, all things pumpkin! YUM!

I am in love with this butternut squash soup recipe that I found online. Better yet, I've made it even cleaner than it was per the recipe! And for those wondering...yes! You can have a smooth, creamy and tasty butternut squash soup SANS the cream!!!
I found THIS recipe on allrecipes.com. Down below I've added my modifications for a CLEAN butternut squash soup! 

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped
  • 1 medium carrot, chopped
  • 1 small sweet potato, cubed
  • 1 medium butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
  • 1 (32 fluid ounce) container organic, no added sugar, chicken stock
  •  freshly ground black pepper to taste


  1. Pour the olive oil in a large pot, and cook the onion, celery, carrot, potato, and squash 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Pour in enough of the chicken stock to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
  2. Let cool. Transfer the soup to a blender (or food processor), and blend until smooth. Season with pepper.

I personally do not use extra salt in my soup, I find it to be salty enough. I just add fresh ground pepper to mine. I love this for a vegetable serving with my lunch! Delish!




No comments:

Post a Comment