Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New. Wear. And. Fare. Wednesday.

I'm back this week now that I'm feeling much better! Here are some newbies for you all!

WEAR

Yep, I broke out the bell bottoms! These are new flare jeans by Old Navy...and they have a high waist! Yippee! Love to pair them with tucked in shirts and get my 60s hippy on! I often times throw a black jacket or other jacket or sweater over this in the winter. I think I wore a purple one last time! 


Scoop neck sweater: Express
Jeans: Old Navy
Black ankle booties: ALDO

FARE


Butternut Squash Arroz con Leche

I have been having  a lot of butternut squash soup lately but have been getting a little burnt out on it. I made some for Thanksgiving and I had half of a leftover squash and was trying to think of things to do with it. I realized I could make a healthy arroz con leche with it as a little clean treat at lunch!

How I made it:

First I poked holes in the squash, scooped out the guts and put it in the microwave. I cooked it maybe about 6 minutes. I didn't want it to be too mushy as it was still going to get the opportunity to cook some more. I took it out and peeled off the skin and diced it into pieces.

Next I put 1/2 C of almond milk in a sauce pan and on medium heat waited till it started boiling. I then put in rice - I used 1/2 C cooked brown rice, about 1/4 - 1/2 C squash pieces, a small scoop of slivered almonds, cinnamon (as much or as little as you like), a little bit of grated lime rind, a small spoonful of raisins and a dab of agave syrup. I waited till this all cooked down and thickened up a bit. And that's all! Super tasty and clean! I loved it!

Hope you all had a lovely Wednesday!


1 comment: