Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Wear. And. Fare. Wednesday.

I'm back this week with a new Wear and Fare day! Yea! Been so busy lately! Why do I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to sleep much less get my stuff done?!?! Well, here goes nothing! :)

WEAR


Here's a better picture with the shoes, I just forgot the necklace in this picture.

I love this new outfit! :) I've been wearing it all the time!

Here's what I'm wearin!
Skirt: Old Navy
White Shirt: Old Navy
Vest: Express
Shoes: ALDO
Necklace: Goodwill
Button: IamMNnice

FARE


Strawberry and Spinach Quinoa Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
(Note: Minus the poppyseeds) :)

I was really craving a nice big salad one day and wanted something new. I decided to throw together a few things to get my carbs, veggies, fruit and protein all in one! I also had some extra protein on the side - some chicken breast. And you could just as well throw that on here too if you like! 

Clearly, I just put the spinach, quinoa and strawberries on the plate. Easy task! If you are looking for a GREAT carb choice that will give you fuel and has tons of nutritional benefits, quinoa is the way to go! It isn't even technically a grain! It is more closely related to spinach, beets and tumbleweed! Quinoa is gluten free, a complete protein and a good source of iron! Clearly a carb that every woman should have in her diet! 

The real kicker for this salad was the dressing! I LOVE this dressing and was craving something different to what I have had in a while. This is how I make it!

Poppyseed Dressing

A couple of spoonfuls of non-fat greek yogurt
Juice from one lime
Olive oil
Agave syrup
Poppyseeds (if desired - I didn't have any at home at the time so I didn't add any)

First put a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt into a bowl. Next squeeze the lime into the bowl. Add a small squirt of agave syrup. Mix these ingredients together well. Next, slowly drizzle in some olive oil while stirring - this helps to make a good consistency. I don't measure how much I put in, I just kind of go by taste and how liquid my dressing is or isn't. It should remain a whitish color though. I use a whisk to help with this part. Finally, add in your poppyseeds if you have them and you are done! I love this dressing with spinach and fruit! Such a great combination!

 Hope you all found yourselves having a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment