Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Goal. Board. 2012.

Ladies and Gents, the new 2012 goal board is here! As indicated on my last post, I created my new goal board on Sunday! No better way to start the new year than to assess and reassess my goals and make some new ones too! This year however, I decided to take a different approach to creating my goal board. I wanted to make one electronically this year versus cutting and pasting. I wasn't sure if I would like it as much as I like something tangible to have, keep and hang. I did find a great compromise though and I'm really happy with my results!


I first set out to find an app or free site where I could create a goal board that satisfied what I wanted. At first, I thought that I had found one. Later, I realized that the apps I found only worked for iPhones and iPads, neither of which I have. Nonetheless, HERE is a good page that I found where it reviews a lot of these types of apps, for those of you that have an iPhone or iPad.

I also found this funny clip about vision boards from the show, "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia." Not exactly how it works, but entertaining nonetheless. :)


What I ended up finding, AND really liked, was the goal board or "vision board" on Oprah's website. It is called the "O Dream Board". To check it out for yourself, click here. There were a lot of things that I really liked about this site. 

Firstly, it allowed you to choose what SIZE dream board you wanted to make, you could have a 16X9, 8X10 and 4X3. I think that is awesome that you can choose a size. I chose a standard 8X10 this year so I could print it right here but after I thought about it for a while I could have just as easily made a 16X9 and printed it at the Kinkos down the street. I'm quite happy with what I got though. :) 

Another positive about this site is you can upload your own pictures - great for a personal touch to your goal board and a personal reflection - and you can also use free Getty images, hundreds of which are there for you to browse through. You can also rotate your images and enlarge and shrink them. They don't have to be your standard straight on photos.

Additional ways to personalize include the ability to type your own text onto your board - so you could add quotes that you enjoy or simply type the actual goal. They also have a feature that allows you to add text into each picture. Like this!


Finally, there are some great things that you can do with this site when you are finished. You can export this to an image format. I did this and then set this as my wallpaper so my goals are continuously present to me as I'm in front of my computer a lot anyways.

On my laptop.

You can also print this document so that you CAN  have a tangible piece to hang as a goal board. I mounted mine onto some foam board like my last year's board.

Ooooh, tangible!

I also added a new addition this year. A sheet on back too where I actually write out the specific items! I thought it could be good for reassessing these next year when I can actually cross them off!

List!

Out with 2011 and in with 2012! 


I'm glad that I tried something new this year. I really liked the O Dream Board site on on Oprah's page and I highly recommend it to you all! Plus, Oprah is one rockin' woman! Who knows? I may just use it again next year!

I hope this helps you all get a start on your 2012 goal boards! 
Good luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment