Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wear. And. Fare. Day.

I've had this post sitting in my saved posts and the week just FLEW by so I didn't even get it posted! But here it is! It works out this way as the food is GREEN in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day!

WEAR



Note: I look a little groggy in this pic. I had just woken up from a nap! :)

I put this outfit together for the warmer days this week at work! I've run into one problem for the spring/summer. I have NO light colore/fabric pants to wear. I will have to make some exchanges at the thrift store and try and get some new pants. I do have plenty of skirts and dresses to get through the summer though which is nice! I put this one together quickly before work - albeit with dark pants. I did get compliments at work though!

Pants: Opitz Outlet -
Top shirt: Old Navy
Bottom Shirt: Logix - Arc's Value Village
Shoes: Urban Outfitters

FARE

As I mentioned earlier this week, I wanted to share a new tofu recipe with you all that I tried this week. As I'm needing some new flavors, I thought it could be fun to mix in some new proteins. I've never been a huge fan of tofu, but I'm always willing to give things another try! I made this Apple Smoothie and it had a nice flavor, but I was unsure about the texture. After talking with my friend who used to be vegetarian, she informed me that the reason it was gritty was that I needed to get the "Silken" tofu. I had bought the extra firm! Duly noted and I'm willing to give it another whirl sometime soon!

I found this recipe on the lovely site, called The Gracious Pantry. It focuses on clean eating recipes. Some of the recipes I am able to alter to make them even more clean. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of this the day I made it! However, I assure you all that it IS green for St. Patty's!

Find this recipe HERE

I'm off for the evening! Time for some relaxing at home!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of my fellow Irishmen and women!




No comments:

Post a Comment