Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wear. And. Fare. Wednesday.

It's here again!!!

WEAR


I wore this little number out last Friday to sing karaoke with friends from my dodgeball team! I love it!  I made a few cute outfits this week with that scarf! Here's what I'm wearin':

Skirt: Buffalo Exchange - Leifs Dottir
Striped shirt: Arc's Value Village - Logix
Vest: Express
Scarf: Neighbor's Clothes Closet (my work place thrift store!) -Italian Scarf from Italy
Shoes: Buffalo Exchange - MOMA (Also made in Italy)

Oh, and you're probably wondering what I sang for karaoke? 
None other than, "Touch Myself" by the Divinyls.

FARE


I made these beauties this weekend! I got the idea from 2 sources. I don't remember where but I had seen these once online and a person did them with tortillas rather than phyllo. I could still do them with ezekiel wraps or sprouted grain tortillas, but I wanted to try the phyllo dough. I got the phyllo dough idea from none other than DAMY Health. They  have some great recipes with phyllo dough so you should go on the blog and check them out! This was my phyllo dough quiche!

What I did:

Phyllo dough: purchased at Lund's (you usually find this in the freezer section). 

I cut the phyllo dough into squares and spread some light olive oil on each sheet. I used 5 sheets per quiche. I placed the stack of 5 into a lightly oiled muffin pan to make the cup shape.

Next:

I mixed 4 egg whites, salt, pepper, diced peppers and onion. I divided this mixture between the 2 phyllo dough cups. On top, I sprinkled a small amount of mozzarella cheese.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 mins (depending on your oven) and voila!
2 mini-quiches for brunch! YUM!

Hope you all have a spectacular middle of the week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment