Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Wear. And. Fare. Wednesday.

I'm a little late tonight on my Wednesday post, but here I am burning the midnight (or later) oil.
I've got a new little dish in the oven that I'm waiting on so I thought I would finally get to this post! 
Here you all are!

WEAR


This is not and outfit that is TOO fancy, but I really like it! I just got this type while I was in my hometown and had a little shopping adventure at the Goodwill with my sister! We found some great buys! I picked up this top while I was there and I love it! Nice and soft and just a nice dress/casual top! Plus, it was only about $3.99, I believe!


You can't see the detail too well in the other photo, but it is pleated on top. It's really cute up close!



 I also am finally showing off this new purse that I also recently purchased at a thrift store! My old one was really wearing out so it was time for an upgrade.Such a steal!


Shirt: Goodwill -  BRAND Banana Republic
Jeans - Old Navy
Purse - Buffalo Exchange - BRAND Maurices
Boots - ALDO

FARE


Ice cream for breakfast!

Yes, you read correctly! I made ice cream for breakfast and it was nutritious and yummy all at the same time and I am not ashamed of it! ;)

I put this recipe together one morning recently after a post that my friend, Mary, had made on her Facebook page. She had done a chocolate mousse version of this (it was just greek yogurt, cocoa powder and some sweetener mixed up - try it!). I tried that too one day and it was excellent! I like this little twist on the recipe. It was fun to try something new. 

What I did:

Mixed together in smoothie machine:

1/2 C Non-fat Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon cocoa powder (unsweetened) 
A dab of Agave Syrup
A handful of ice cubes
2 frozen banana pieces from a diced and frozen banana (the pieces were about 1/4 - 1/2" thick)
A touch of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

Blend them all together and there you have it! I threw some raspberries on top and had some ice cream for breakfast! The breakfast of champions! Although if you want it for a treat, I'm sure you could have it at another time of the day!

Also, remember! If you don't enjoy MY ice cream, I promise that you will love, love, love DAMY Health's clean eating ice cream recipes! They have so many! Check them out!

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment