Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday Recipe

I came up with a new, quick, easy-as-pie recipe for everyone. It don't know if I'd even call it a recipe, I'm sure it's even been done before! Either way, I'm still going to post this and we'll see if it serves anyone some purpose.

HORCHATA PROTEIN SMOOTHIE



I'm sure many of you don't know this about me, but I used to live in Mexico. I lived there for a year and have gone back for longer visits various times. I simply love Mexico. I fell in love with the language, culture and people. I even speak Spanish fluently! One dream of mine is to have a little home there in a town called Guanajuato. I love that town. It's small, quaint, hidden in a valley and colonial. The people there are always pleasant and you can get these wonderful fruit cups on the street with yogurt and some granola topping. YUM! I would go and eat those for breakfast every day when I was there! 

Another one of my favorite things was horchata. Horchata is a rice milk drink with cinnamon. It's served cold with ice, sometimes with strawberry slices floating on top. You can get it on the street there at pretty much any corner it seems. You can hardly compare to a good horchata. I even loved it so much, I would just drink it from random street vendors. My Mexican friends told me I was crazy, because I didn't know what water they were using. My love for horchata was just TOO much though! I was willing to risk it and look! I'm still here living today! :) Last night, I was still really hungry late at night. This wasn't just a craving, it was hunger. I knew the best choice I could make for myself was either a salad (I really wasn't feeling like more salad though) or protein. This is what I opted to make.

Here's what I did and I couldn't believe it made me reminisce about and capture a little taste of Mexico!

In blender place:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Approx 1/2 C Water
Approx 1 C Ice
A few dashes of cinnamon (to your liking) 

Mix it up in your Ninja Blender (if you have one like I do) and you have a protein smoothie that I swear tastes a lot like an horchata drink but with the added benefit of protein! I love it!

Hope you all had a great day! 
Remember, it's Wednesday! You are halfway to the end of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment