Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday Recipe

I've been so excited for this post for WEEKS now, I just didn't have any time to experiment before! However, a cooking extravaganza over the last couple of days led me to some new discoveries! The last 2 days I've been cooking up a storm! I had no more snacks or good clean food in the house and it was time to stock up! I spent 2 days, in the Minnesota heat wave, with my oven on and cooking in my bikini! ha ha But I got it all done! Here's a pic!


I made tons of amazing DAMY Health recipes; lemon avocado pudding (sounds awful, but seriously SO good), granola bars, taco bites, DAMY crackers, black bean brownies, a cauliflower and sweet potato soup and apple cinnamon almond flour muffins (from the DAMY blueberry muffin recipe but I added cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves instead with small apple pieces). For any of those recipes (except the soup), you should check out the DAMY Health website and click on the blog section! Deliciousness!

Clean Dark Chocolate PB "Crunch" Balls



These PB Balls were an idea I had on my mind to make. I had planned on doing it differently but than when I had an "accident" in the kitchen yesterday while making a DAMY Health recipe, my problem was solved! So part of this recipe is based on the Black Bean PB Brownies made by DAMY.

1. Make the PB portion of the DAMY Health Black Bean PB Brownie Recipe on low heat in a saucepan. I think this is supposed to be smooth and runny, but when I mixed all of these together in the saucepan, it became a Reese's PB Cup-like texture. I clearly left mine on a bit too long but it turned out great! Mix this with a spoon until it becomes stiff. It will roll up into a ball in the saucepan.

2. Roll small scoops of the PB mixture into approx 1" balls. You must do this right away before the PB cools down too much.

3. Melt about 1/2 C dark chocolate (I use Trader Joe's 72% cacao dark chocolate) in a double boiler.

4. Mix in 1/3 C Food For Life Almond Cereal (I LOVE this stuff in smoothies or with greek yogurt and fruit!)

5. Dip PB Balls into the chocolate mixture, coating entire ball.

6. Place these onto a piece of parchment paper and put in the freezer to harden. When hard, you may store these in your refrigerator or keep frozen as well.

Clean Dark Chocolate "Crunch" Bar


1. Melt about 1/2 C dark chocolate (I use Trader Joe's 72% cacao chocolate) in a double boiler.  

2. Mix in 1/3 C Food For Life Almond Cereal.

3. Spoon these into molds (I used some small square tupperware containers that aren't too deep).

4. Place in the freezer to harden.

5.  When hard, remove from freezer and turn container upside down and tap on a counter or plate so that the Crunch Bar will fall out.

6. You may store these in your refrigerator or keep frozen as well.

Enjoy your lovely treats everyone!

And as always, remember - it's Wednesday! You're halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment