Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Wednesday Recipe

I've got a new little smoothie going for you guys! I'm calling it the, "Fruity Without The Fruit Smoothie"! I have discovered my new most favorite herb in the world. I didn't even plan on it, it just sort of happened when I had bought the half priced plants at the Ace Hardware by my place. They had a lemon basil plant. It smelled good, so I thought I'd try it. SERIOUSLY this stuff is AWESOME! You have not experienced life until you have tried lemon basil! No JOKE!

My lemon basil plant! :)
I started thinking, "Hmmm, what can I do with this?" My friend suggested putting it in a smoothie...WOWIE! Love this stuff! I'm now a lemon basil junkie! I've been looking for other ways to cook it and I've found some chicken marinades and I was thinking I could try and steep it some night for a nice lemon tea! We'll have to see! For now, I've just got this basic smoothie recipe for you! 

"FRUITY WITHOUT THE FRUIT SMOOTHIE"


Place in a blender:

1 scoop of protein powder (I used vanilla whey)
1 handful of lemon basil
1 handful of ice (or more depending on the consistency you like your smoothies)
3/4 unsweetened vanilla almond milk

OR

1/2 C Non-fat plain greek yogurt
1 handful lemon basil
1 handful ice
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1-2 tablespoons agave syrup (or you can use a small scoop of stevia extract)

Blend.
Devour.

Hope you all enjoy this one! 
Be happy, it's Wednesday - you are halfway there! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment