Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday Recipe

I've been in the mood for fall goodies lately! I LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin! Did I mention before...I LOVE pumpkin! Yep, I do. I've been super craving some pumpkin bread lately. It's been taunting me in cafes I've been in and at markets. Yummy. I neededdd some pumpkin bread! I decided to try and make a clean protein version I could eat up for a snack! Here it is! I hope it turns out for you all!

CLEAN PROTEIN PUMPKIN LOAF


Ingredients:

1 can (15 oz) Garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
3/4 C Almond flour
1/4 C Agave syrup
1 C Pumpkin Puree
1 Tsp Baking powder
1 Pinch salt
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tbsp Pumpkin spice
1 Heaping scoop Protein powder (I used vanilla whey, you can use hemp or whatever you like to make it vegan)
1 Handful broken pecans


I might have eaten some of the pecans off the top...I love them. :)
In food processor mix all ingredients except almond flour and pecans. Blend until even and a runny puree. Pour into large bowl. Add almond flour. Mix thoroughly. Pour into greased (I used olive oil spray) glass bread loaf pan. Bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes (depending on your oven). It will still seem a bit soft in the middle but if the sides have browned pretty dark, the middle part will firm up when cooled. Let cool in pan. When cool, take out of pan. Slice and enjoy! 

Hope you all had a good Wednesday! You're halfway there! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment