Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Love you, just as you are!

I am a bit under the weather today so this will be a shorter post. 

I was made aware, several times today via Facebook, that it is International Women's Day. 
Happy Day Women! ;)

After work today, I went and got my hair done. It's been about 2 months and my red is going blond again. I'm trying to space out my visits though. As much as I LOVE my hairdresser, Tina, to save some money, I can't go quite as often as I probably should. I've thought about doing my own dyeing, but am just scared it will turn out the color pink. So, I'd rather stretch out my visits and make sure I get a quality cut and dye each time. Tina does do EXCELLENT work and I love having her cut my hair. (Bonus: she's super nice and fun to talk to!) You can find her at the Spalon Montage in Woodbury, I highly recommend her!

After Tina put the dye in my hair, I was thumbing through a magazine. I came across an article about women and how absolutely hard we are on ourselves. The magazine states that I believe it was something like 93% of women have up to 13 negative thoughts about themselves every day with regards to body image! That's horrible! One of my many thoughts with my goals was doing the goal with clothing. This was an attempt to and goal to feel good about myself and find the clothes for MY body. Clothes that make my body look its best, rather than focusing on what I need to change about myself to feel better. I DO feel better getting gussied up in these nice fitting clothes and outfits. In turn, those positive feelings transfer to other positive feelings about myself and I feel I actually do accomplish more. This was a goal to remind me, to feel good about me. A goal to focus on one positive piece, getting an outfit that I feel good in each day, to start the day out right. Wouldn't it be nice if we all said more positive things and did positive things for ourselves everyday and the positivity would than radiate? 

What things do you have that are negative, that you can turn into a positive? I am a pear-shaped woman. For the longest time, since I was little, I always wished I had straight hips. I wanted to be able to wear the clothes so many straight-hipped women could! I wanted to wear low cut jeans, but couldn't fit my butt in them! Of course there are times that I don't like my curvy hips but now, every time I feel this, I remind myself of this: I was blessed with curvy hips and a very feminine body structure. Sure, I may not be able to pull some looks off that rectangular shaped girls can, but I can put the va in va-va-voom. That makes me beautiful and womanly. 

I say, on this day and always, women: radiate and focus on your positives. Put together an outfit that makes you feel good about you, paint your toenails, get your hair done, put on make up if you don't normally put it on, do positive affirmations, exercise to feel sweaty, alive, healthy and appreciate all your awesome body can do for you and its sheer awesomeness, do what brings positive feelings and makes those continue to flourish. 

On International Women's Day, let's turn our negatives into positives!

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
-Dr. Seuss





No comments:

Post a Comment