Monday, March 14, 2011

Sickly but blessed.

WHOA! Ok faithful readers, yes... I know! I haven't blogged in a while. Well, to sum it up, my "feeling a bit under the weather" manifested into a full blown cold/flu and I was in bed all week long. My, myself, my pink long johns and I! I know, I know, it's the perfect time to be blogging then, isn't it Alyssa? I thought about that but the sheer misery of not being able to breathe and simultaneously using a full roll of TP everyday just didn't inspire me. BUT! I'm back and happy to be here! ;) Thankful to have my health - for the most part - again! ;)
My bed, pink long johns, and my half-used roll of TP! :)
So, what have I been doing besides lying in bed? I did accomplish a few things! I have been at a standstill on my business plan due to one minor detail: MONEY! Okay, not such a minor detail. I have scheduled an appointment with a financial advisor to get working on that though, so I'm pumped! ;)

Sonya and I
The other night, by coincidence, I ran into my long time friend who I was very close with when I lived in Australia, Sonya, on Facebook. I love Sonya dearly. She is an amazing and beautiful woman, inside and out. Sonya and I had an instantaneous connection when we met. She was one of those people for me, where you meet and feel like you have known each other for years!  I feel that she can read me like a book. I think she gets me and I get her (at least I am pretty sure I do!). We haven't spoken for ages. Being that we have a 15 or 17 hour time zone difference between us doesn't make it the most convenient for talking. I know we think of each other frequently and even though we don't have the opportunity to talk much, when we do, it is awesome and I treasure it. We spoke briefly on Facebook the other night. Sonya asked me about my business plan. I discussed with her that I was at a point where I can't continue further and that I'm waiting to have these meetings. Sonya expressed how proud she was of me for making all the drastic changes I've made in my life to risk starting this business. That really meant a lot to me. Even though I've been working on this for a while and I know I have the support and encouragement of my lived ones, it's really great to HEAR it sometimes. It was great to have someone ask me about where I am at. Also, it inspires me to keep pushing forward to my goal, knowing that people are cheering me on and rooting for me. Beyond that, it makes me accountable for accomplishing my goals and I need that.
Sonya and I, isn't she a doll?!
Sonya shared with me some other goals that she is currently working on and a new transition in her life. I'm so proud of her for continually challenging herself and continuing to grow. These are the people I seek to have in my life. Sonya and everyone else I'm so blessed to have in my life, thanks for being a part of it!

In other news, my mother and father, bless them, took pity on me in my sickly state and dad helped me get some stuff in my apartment done. It's slowly coming together! They later took me to an early dinner and I really enjoyed having the company after such an isolating week. My big sis and I also had a lovely chat last night and I really enjoyed catching up with her. She and her hubby are on an exciting new adventure starting the foster-to-adopt process. I'm so happy for them and I just can't WAIT till I have a new niece or nephew OR nieces and nephews to spoil and smother with love!


All in all...this post is to say one thing: I'm BLESSED!
Do you have people that hold you accountable in your life and cheer you on to accomplish your goals? Who are they? What have they done lately to cheer you on?

So what's up for tomorrow?! Giving back! I'm getting a plan in action! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment