Saturday, August 20, 2011

Incredible. Shrinking. Woman.

Back for another update before I zip out to get some errands done and work on the biz! I went to the gym to do my leg workout and weighed in. Here are the results!

                                Week 6                                                             Week 7
                             Weight: 144                                                    Weight 142.5
                                 Bust: 34"                                  Measurements: Do it again next week!
                               Waist: 27"
                                Hips: 38"

                                Starting                                                              Today
                             Weight: 159                                                    Weight: 142.5

I can't believe I've almost lost 20 lbs! Wow! What a journey - a fun and exciting one! I didn't think I would lose another pound and a half today. To be honest, I haven't been following my diet as strictly as I should be. Some "unclean" foods have been sneaking their way into my diet every day at work. This is partly due to the fact that it seems I have been feeling more hungry. Once I finish my snacks, I have been eating what is around me at the food shelf, which hasn't been nutritious food! I am going to speak with Amy at DAMY Health about this and see if I need to be eating extra snacks! I have a very physical job at the moment, so I think this is part of it. Next week, I'm determined not to let those unclean and sugary foods sneak back in! Nonetheless, I'm quite happy with my progress! I'm starting to see some definition in my belly! Exciting!

Today, when I went to do my leg workout, I really didn't want to be there. I was talking to a trainer at the Blaisdell YMCA and said, "Yeah, I don't want to be here. I just have this workout to do, but I'm lacking motivation." He asked, "So, what are you going to do about it?" I said, "Well, I can either suck it up and do it and later feel glad that I did and see results OR I can go home and eat potato chips. Today, I choose the option that's going to make me more fit!" I chose that and I felt great after I completed it! 

Everything in life is a choice. You can choose to think positively and be happy about something that, although difficult, yields the results you desire. Or you can choose to take an easier path, but it may not bring you the joy in your life that you seek. 

What are you going to choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment