Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New. Wear. And. Fare. Wednesday.

On the right day for once! Here it is!

WEAR

A cute new dress that I got at Urban Outfitters!

As I've been out-shrinking most of my clothing, I've been working on selling some clothes and replacing them with some new stuff. I needed a cute little summer dress. This one is so nice, light and cool! I love the pattern too! I visited Urban Outfitters looking for some flats to replace my other ones that are wearing out. I got super lucky! I went in to the store and didn't have time to buy this dress when I first found it. I returned late that night and BOOM! it was discounted $30! (Good thing because, in my opinion, Urban Outfitters is wildly overpriced. Every now and again you can find a good deal on their sale racks but I'd rather shop at thrift stores most of the time.) 


FARE

My fare hasn't been super snazzy lately. As I've become busier with things, I've been focusing mainly on meals that cut out time and serve my nutritional needs. I've been playing around with my breakfast a bit to find some quicker ideas. As I continued eating overnight oats a couple of times, I realized there was something about it that made me nauseated. I don't know what. I thought it was perfectly good the first time! I tried it the next couple of times and something about it just made me feel...bleh! I love these protein pancakes I've been making but they are more time consuming in the morning. For the last few days, I've been doing this:


Protein spiking my oatmeal! I've been adding one scoop of protein powder (I got a French Vanilla Creme one from bodybuilding.com (imagine my neighbors' faces when I got a box that said, "bodybuilding.com" HA!), ground flax, apple pieces, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and oats. Heat it up and chow down! I was having trouble in the past getting my protein AND the oats. Then I thought, "Well, duh! How about combine them?!" I like it. The  powder gives it a nice vanilla-ish flavor. Makes me happy and satisfied! Give me my cup of coffee and soy creamer and I'm good to go!

Hope you all had a fantastic Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment