Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cleaning. Up. My. Clean.

Yesterday I mentioned that I wouldn't be having any of my Healthy Nutella for a bit. Why? Because I need to clean up my clean! With the DAMY Health clean eating program, as I mentioned in the past, you try and knock out processed foods and refined sugars. Basically, if you don't understand what the ingredients are in your food, you probably shouldn't be eating it! I've mentioned before that I was a sugar addict! You all saw my unhealthy habits before on my monthly spending posts. This clean eating has been a GREAT change! DAMY Health thus far has taken me from a size 10 to about a size 7-8! I just bought some size 8 pants the other weekend and they are already getting baggy on me! Argh! Good thing I didn't spend much! At present, they are the only pants I own that I can actually wear! Oh, besides my HUE jeggings, of course!

Mr. Clean...he knows what it's all about!
In my last weight update post, I said that I felt that I wasn't getting some of the results I wanted. I had to sit back and think about that and consider my effort. Previously, I wasn't following the EXACT portion sizes recommended by DAMY Health for where I am at in the program. This was because I was much more active in a different position at work and I was moving around, carrying, lifting and pulling heavy items all day long. Since then, I have gone back to my desk position and I am not as active. Of course, my body noticed! I spoke with DAMY Health and they thought it would be good for me to go back to the recommended portions...and I agree!

All about the portions! Eat foods in quantities they are meant to be eaten!
Not only did I have to acknowledge the change in my activity level at work, but I also had to be honest with myself; I was falling back into old sugar addict patterns. Was it refined sugar? No. It was natural sugar from fruits, agave syrups and clean snacks. Let's face it though, sugar is SUGAR! Fruit has basically become my new candy! DAMY has this wonderful Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard (clean version) that I swear I became addicted to...and not in a healthy way! So this is me, fessing up to my weaknesses and shortcomings. I'm okay with that because I am ONLY human! However, that doesn't mean that it is okay to continue those patterns. This week, I've cleaned up my act. Less fruits/snacks, MORE vegetables! I already notice the difference and once again, crave those sugars much less! I know that I was CERTAINLY a sugar addict before starting the clean eating program. When I started the first few days of the DAMY Health program, I had a headache for about 2-3 days! I'm certain I was going through a withdrawl of sugars and processed foods in my system. Many other bloggers agree! See this sugar addiction blog I found and their post on it here!

 

=



Now that I'm back on track, I'm feeling much better! It feels good to discuss my shortcomings and have a clean conscience! Human I am, relenting, I am not! I'll keep doing my best and putting forth all my effort!

Have you cleaned out your conscience lately with any bad habits? How did you fix your habits?

No comments:

Post a Comment