Sunday, January 15, 2012

Behind. The. Scenes.

I haven't been blogging much lately because I have been doing quite a bit of stuff,  however it's mainly been work pertaining to my business.  I have accomplished some things for this upcoming season that I am excited about. Firstly, I have found a storefront space with a biking business in Uptown! Yea! I think it will be great to have a meeting location and a place to store some things so that I don't have to carry everything with me! It will be a magnificent AND needed change!


My next order of business that I am hoping to start this week is to start doing volunteer work at the bike shop I work with Recovery Bike Shop. It's a great shop, with great people running it and I can't wait to get some more hands on work done and learn some more about wrenching! :) It will be great skills to learn and that will also be beneficial for my business.



I have also been doing a lot of work these past couple of weeks on accounting. I had a major accounting fail. When I began my business, I took some free Quickbooks classes to learn the ways of accounting and bookkeeping. Every time that I was in a class, I would think I understood but then would return home and end up just staring blankly at the screen. I am more of a hands-on learner, so I really needed to be DOING it while learning. That's where this great organization called Fiscal Foundations came into play. They also do the free Quickbooks seminars, but I paid for some consulting with them so that I could learn the ways of Quickbooks. It was a bit of an investment but one that was worthwhile as I will carry these skills with me throughout the duration of my business. I am finally getting all caught up on entering my business expenses and I hope that I will be able to meet with them once more to get my tax information in order and then I will be sending into my accountant! Yea! I am really not good at the accounting stuff but I am working hard so that I can learn it and keep up with it!

I did do one really great thing the other day, that I wanted to blog about. I met with the Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition to do some surveying of the Uptown area so that bike racks could be added to parking meter. Some new funds were acquired and they needed people to help count the meters in the area. It was a cold and blustery day to do it, but I was really glad that I could and did help. I can't wait till more bike parking comes to Uptown!

So, I'm going to keep on working on these things, even though not SO interesting to blog about and I hope I see some great results for my business in the spring! Can't wait!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment