Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Blogger. Burnout.

I told you all I would be making a new post about my blog. I know that I haven't been posting a lot lately, but to be honest, I'm just burnt out! I'm not burnt out on accomplishing my goals and working on the things that I would like to achieve, however I am burnt out on blogging about it.

I was thinking the other day about how over this past year, I haven't really had any vacations. I had one small vacation to visit my sister and her family. During that time of vacation, I was also spent a lot of time working on my business. Thus, leaving me with the feeling that I haven't actually had a REAL vacation and taken any time for myself.

While I'm not very into comparing myself with others - that really gets you nowhere, generally I'd like to think I'm only in competition with myself - I have made notice of many of my awesomely accomplished friends and that they have at least taken a couple, if not a few, vacations to recharge. I have most definitely lacked that this year.


I recently had this conversation with my friend, Pierre, who was back visiting from Germany where he is currently living, but is originally from France. We were talking about vacations and I was discussing my present lack of the financial ability to go on a vacation because much of my money is spent on bills (for my business and schooling). I was talking about how I banked 13 hours of vacation and carried over 2 weeks of vacation into this year. Pierre expressed that he didn't understand why Americans didn't take vacation. I stated that I just didn't have the money to go anywhere, so I figured why take it off? Pierre said that even if you go nowhere, you have that time, why not take it off? I admit, Pierre has a point. Now with the feeling of being completely burnt out, I'm taking your advice, Pierre...I'm taking some time off! Not only am I going to take some time off, but I'm going to try and do the things that I've been wanting to do here but just can't seem to find the time. I also have one goal for this vacation: no work! That's right, none! Just pure enjoyment and relaxation. My very own STAYcation!



I recently ran into THIS blog online. It really resonated with me and I'm really happy that I've made the choices in life that I have and am pursuing my passions. I am happy that I AM living a life that is true to myself. However as I scroll down these items, one item stands out to me, "I wish I hadn't worked so hard." I don't think that this statement COMPLETELY applies to me because yes, I do work hard...but I'm happy about my work because it fulfills me and it's working on my passions, not just a job that I am complacent at. However, it is a reminder that I sometimes need to slow down and just take a breather and enjoy life.


The reason that I write this is that I wanted to firstly, apologize that I haven't been more diligent in blogging. I really enjoy blogging and it keeps me on track and I hope that you all enjoy it as well! I also wanted to explain my lack of recent blogging and let you all know that I'm STILL working diligently on my goals, I just need a mini-break from writing about them. I hope, however, after my vacation the week of the 20th, I can come back fully renewed and refreshed and I'll be back to my old diligently blogging self!

Who else has had burn out? 
How did you recharge?


No comments:

Post a Comment