Monday, February 27, 2012

Mission. Vacation. Accomplished.

I'm back everyone - a full week of vacation and no work! So great! I had a wonderful time during my staycation and I am feeling more charged and ready to take on life again! I met with the wonderful Mary during my staycation and we talked about how sometimes when you've been SO busy, the simplest of tasks seems SO difficult! Even just sending an email! We both agreed that it was great that we aren't the ONLY ones who get burnt out and feel that way. I thought I would update you all on how my wonderful staycation went! Here's the recap:

The first day of my break I had a wonderful time celebrating with family! We celebrated my grandfather's 92nd birthday with a small party and then we had a surprise baby shower for my cousin! Super fun and I was so happy to be able to catch up with my family!

Me and Gramps!

The following day I spoiled myself to death!
In the AM I went to a Bikram yoga class! It was so cool! I have a few more classes left that I am for sure going to hit up! It's the 105 degree heated room yoga and you sweat like crazy - but it feels so good! I was so tired after though that I slept like a baby for 2 hours!

Next I hit up the local nail shop for a pedicure! The tootsies felt so good!


                                   Before                                                         After

The following day I pampered myself even more! A spa day! So worth it! I didn't even have to pay for it as I used my credit card points to purchase a certificate! Yea!

In my lovely spa getup! 

Now that I was pampered it was time to get down and dirty! Yes, my inner-adventurer was broken out again (with some encouragement from friends) and I was taken on an urban exploring adventure. 
Sometimes I'm a rebel and I do rebellious things (whispers: I could have gotten caught!!) ;)

At top of building.

One of my fave pics I took.

To top the night off, nothing could have been better than a night out with my friend since 3rd grade, Sarah! (Note: About this time, Sarah also left me stranded on the playground with a broken ankle. Just sayin', Sarah!) 

We also rented a hotel room for a change of scenery. We got out and about and also played in the snow!

Testing the bed.

Sarah and I.

We also visited Foshay Tower in Minneapolis!

At the top of the Foshay!

The next couple of days were filled with fun stuff! Rock climbing, coffee dates with friends I've been meaning to catch up with and just chilling out. I got out to dinner with my family and Saturday I caught up with a new friend for brunch and a fun local event!

Finally, Sunday I sat down and picked up a book I've been trying to read for over a year! Yes - I said over a year! I started reading and got so into it I couldn't put it down! It was so great to feel sucked in again and relaxed enough to just to sit down and read! I finished it too! Soon I'll trade it in for some credit at the local bookstore! Yea!

Finally, I finished off my vacation with a great dodgeball game night were we took all 3 games!

THEN?!

A no brainer! A DAMY Health Quinoa Brownie with  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting. YUM!

Check out the blog for the recipe!


I'm sure there was much more that I didn't talk about here, but overall, I just wanted to say I had a great rest and I'm ready to get back at things with my full effort! 

Woohoo!























No comments:

Post a Comment