Sunday, March 25, 2012

Goal. Tracker. Wunderlist.

Over the last few months, I've been keeping up with my goals and that includes having to use various different methods and tools to keep me moving forward every day with these goals. The big goals of mine are only accomplished with continuous tiny steps towards them. You don't just say, "I'm going to build a business," and then BOOM the next day it's done. Nope. We all know it takes a lot of work, baby steps, every day to get to the goal - as is anything in life.

Thus, I have implemented tools to keep my on track. Initially, I used my white board and pieces of paper to keep up with my mini-goals. I would write down on the white board what I needed to accomplish each day and cross it off as I went. Perhaps you guys remember this picture in a post I did last year:


Soon though, my mini-goals became a bit too overwhelming for my white board and you can't carry that many pieces of paper along with you all day. Plus, you are using too many trees!

Set many goals!

I came across a post that was written by someone with an AWESOME blog, the Awesome Life Coach. He did this post on a review of an app called Wunderlist. See the post HERE.  I read the post and researched some on this app and decided that I would give it a whirl. 


I have to say that I have really enjoyed this app and it is so nice to have my goals prioritized and categorized. You can see that I have many categories for various areas of my life; business, blog, personal, long term, fitness, etc. There is also a list for immediate goals. I make my goals for each day on this page and check them off as I go. The completed tasks will be checked off. 



Source: etsy.com via Alyssa on Pinterest

One thing that I cannot picture here that I love most about this program is that you are able to collaborate with others and share your lists. If you are working on goals or projects with people, you can both add to the list and check items off. The other thing that I thought that this was useful for is accountability. My friend, Mary, met with me one day and we played around with the app together. She was able to see my list and what I had to do. The only negative aspect about this was that it didn't show her when I crossed something off of my list, rather the item just disappeared. I thought that this could be a great feature that could be added to this app. That way, your accountability partner can cheer you on! :) I think having people to cheer you on in your life is a great push! I'm thankful for the people that cheer me on!


If any of you are able, I recommend that you give this app a try. It has worked "Wunders" for me! ;) You can also download the app on your phone and sync your phone and computer. It is compatible with Apple, Androids and PCs. 

As for me, I still don't have a compatibility partner for my Wunderlist. Maybe my friend, The Awesome Life Coach, would like to give it a whirl with me?? What do you think Life Coach?? Two goal getters keeping each other accountable? Are you up for the challenge?

How about the rest of you? Who keeps you accountable and how do you measure your progress?




No comments:

Post a Comment