Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday Recipe!

Okay, I know this does not say Wear and Fare Wednesday. But you know what? I'm kind of tired of the outfit thing. ;) Yep, I get tired of some things too and I feel like I've nailed down the wardrobe thing. I feel like I've accomplished where I'd like to be for now and I think I'm going to weed it out. I'm still going to create cute outfits for myself on my own time and maybe every now and again I'll post some. Now though, I just want to post clean recipes I make or try. 

With this fresh new start, I made a really fun recipe for you guys tonight! I'm so excited to share it! I actually found this recipe on WholeFoodsMarket.com. However, I did not at ALL like the version that they presented. It was a mushroom and pea quinoa loaf? HUH?!?! I guess maybe some people might like it, but it's not for me. I decided to use the base of their recipe and make it my own! I know you all know that if there is one thing that I like, it's sweets! Of course I was going to make a sweet version of this! Here is what I came up with:

Cranberry Almond Quinoa Loaf


This loaf was delicious! Also, it was heavy! It may weigh a lot, but it's clean! I had small slices of it at breakfast for my carb servings. I also ended up giving some to friends. As a nice little treat, you can heat a slice up and put some butter on it! YUM!

Here is how it's done!

Preheat your oven to 350 F.

In a food processor blend:

1-15 oz can garbanzo beans
3/4 C rolled oats
1/2 C water

Blend until smooth and then transfer this mixture to a bowl.

Mix in:

2 C cooked quinoa
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tsp cloves
1 Tsp nutmeg
1/4 C agave syrup
1/4 C (or more if desired) slivered almonds
1/4 C (or more if desired) no sugar added cranberries

Mix this all evenly. Transfer the dough into a bread pan greased with a healthy oil (I used olive oil spray). I put some more almonds and cranberries on top to make it pretty - you don't have to. If you do, make sure the cranberries are a bit more pushed in so they don't burn.

Bake in the oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours. There you have it!

Enjoy and share with those that you love most!


No comments:

Post a Comment