Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday Recipe

I've been behind in posting this week. This week will be an extremely stressful one for me. The end of every month is very busy in the food shelf and this month I happen to be having to do it alone. My coworker went for some travels this week so I'm just trying to stay alive and grin and bear through it. I may not be doing many posts, therefore. I did manage to squeak this one out though so as to not disappoint. :) Plus, I was very excited about this recipe! 

CLEAN SINGLE SERVE MONSTER COOKIE

Whether or not my mom made these when I was younger, (I swear I remember she did but I don't know if it's something I'm just making up in my head or she actually did), I still am in love with monster cookies. I absolutely love them! Of course, I had to make a clean version of it!

This is what I did:

1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 C Oatmeal
1/8 C Almond Meal
1-2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1 Egg White
Small Scoop Raisins
Small Scoop Dark Chocolate Chips
Small Scoop Slivered Almonds
Splash of Vanilla
Dash of Cinnamon

Place coconut oil in small bowl. If not melted/liquidy heat in microwave until it is. Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly until cake batter-type consistency. It won't be runny but it's not as thick as cookie dough either. The thing that I LOVE about Monster Cookies is that they are different for everyone! You could add a lot of other things in here too that you would like; shredded coconut, dark chocolate M&Ms, whatever says monster cookie to you! Finally, I placed batter on parchment paper in shape of a cookie and baked in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 mins just until the edges were golden brown. Delicious! 

I hope you all enjoy this recipe and that you are surviving this week like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment