Thursday, April 25, 2013

Turning Leafs

I have big life events occuring lately! A lot of very exciting changes and I'm pumped for them!

BIG NEWS:
 
This week is my final week at my full time position at the food shelf!
 
Yes, I have officially left my full time job. Before your jaw drops to the floor, there are a few things I should mention. I have recently gotten another position with a freelance interpreting company. I will be doing intepreting part time (during biking season) and will be dedicating more time and days to my bike tours!

 

I'm very excited for this new change but I'm also very nervous! This is a big risk (even though I have interpreting as a back up job) with my business and I'm hoping for the best. I've been very busy working away at the business and my official start date this year is May 9th!
 
I've been able to add 2 tours to my schedule so I'm excited for the changes! I have a new coffee tour as well as I'll be working with another running tour company to do a duathlon running event! Can't wait!
 
IN OTHER NEWS:
 
Recently, I dated someone - albeit brief. It ended in a disappointing manner where he canceled a date on me and then blew me off completely. For the person that I thought he was, I expected more compassion than that. While it hurt my feelings a bit, I have to say that overall, it was a good experience and reminded me of something that I forgot about for a while - there ARE people out there that I will like and have a connection with. Yes, they exist. It reminded me to leap when I felt I had a connection and also to let go when you aren't being treated as you should be. Both of these things I did and I'm glad for the experience. Every experience in life is meant as means to learn.

Source: theberry.com via Berry on Pinterest
 
Given this - I've decided to take a bit of a dating hiatus. Not because I'm all bummed out and crying in my cocoa puffs each morning, but because I want to regroup and I have a lot going on in life at the moment. I've got a lot of new changes and new beginnings and I just want to have a bit of a break while I focus on all of that!

I'm also doing some new stuff this season of life. I find that during biking season, it's really hard for me to keep up at the gym. I am so busy every day that getting in an hour or more at the gym is pretty impossible if I want to have a social life too. I'm staring a new HIIT program that I'm enjoying and I'm going to stick with that over summer and will get back to weightlifting during the winter. I've been making some new health changes again - still eating clean but have just been playing around! A lot of fun new changes for me coming up, so stick around and keep reading.

 
 
I've STILL been working on goals on my goal board and I have yet to update you guys about some of them or they are still a work in process - I will be updating you all soon!
 
Hope you all find yourself busy and up to accomplishing some goals too!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment